L'il Fraser Swaddle Wraps are Hip-Healthy
The International Hip Dysplasia Institiute (IHDI) recognises that L’il Fraser Collection has developed products that consider the importance of healthy hip development during infancy. This is especially important during the early stages of hip development in the first few months after birth.
The International Hip Dysplasia Institiute acknowledges specific products as "hip-healthy" to help educate the public. Here is their method for healthy swaddling:
- If using a square cloth, fold back one corner creating a straight edge.
- Place the baby on the cloth so that the top of the fabric is at shoulder level. If using a rectangular cloth, the baby’s shoulders will be placed at the top of the long side.
- Bring the left arm down. Wrap the cloth over the arm and chest. Tuck under the right side of the baby.
- Bring the right arm down and wrap the cloth over the baby’s arm and chest.
- Tuck the cloth under the left side of the baby. The weight of the baby will hold the cloth firmly in place.
- Twist or fold the bottom end of the cloth and tuck behind the baby, ensuring that both legs are bent up and out.
It is important to leave room for the hips to move.